This Human immersion. Join Melis as she facilitates a series of workshops that lets you dive into its pages. Explore both conceptual and practical insights for working effectively with self and in service of others. Our second exploration is the Truth About Empathy.
Empathy is a highly desirable trait in leaders of business today. But do organisations and their leaders really understand what it takes to be truly empathetic? Do they know how to support empaths and enable them to be at their best?
Real empaths know only too well the challenges with taking on other people’s emotional states. It’s energy draining and when transference occurs it can be down right confusing.
For people who are not naturally empathic it can be difficult to forge genuine connections and know how to lead and support the empaths they work with.
Whether you are an empath or not, this important program introduces skills and tools to support you and your teams in creating a way to support empathy in the workplace. It also helps people apply the right kind of empathy for the situation they’re confronted with.
In this workshop, Dr Melis Senova leverages her personal experiences as an empathic person to help you learn to manage your energy and create meaningful connections with people to support great outcomes for people.
Taking insights from her latest book, This Human, Melis will introduce you to the various kinds of empathy and support you in learning how and when to use them, including:
- understanding different empathy types
- being empathic and generative in your listening
- how to be effective in your communication
- communicating with intent and clarity
- insight into the listening channels
All you need is an open, positive and curious mindset—everything else will be provided for.
The Truth About Empathy is a 4-hour workshop spread over two nights:
- Session one: Thursday, 20 April
- Session two: Thursday, 27 April
- Time: 5:30pm-7:30pm AEST
- Venue: Huddle L6, 90 William Street, Melbourne
- Retailing at $290, we are offering an introductory price of $250.
- This also includes a copy of This Human for you to immerse yourself in!
- Tickets available through Eventbrite.
There are limited spaces, so be sure to book your seat early!
A connection is the energy that exists between two people when they feel seen, heard and valued; when they can give and receive without judgement; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.”Brené Brown